Benefits Of Salt Pre-Workout | Taking Salt Can Help Improve Your Workout
Many people don't know that taking salt as your pre-workout can help benefit your training. Taking salt before your workout can help benefit your overall health as well as your workout and exercise performance. Taking salt before your workout will have similar effects to taking pre-workout. For example, you will have better blood flow, electrolyte balance, and stronger contractions.
When you exercise, your blood volume usually decreases because it is pushed from the heart to the muscles. Though taking sodium can help increase your blood volume and blood flow by pulling water inside. This way it may help the blood vessels supply the targeted muscles and the heart with oxygen. Sodium makes cells expand as it pulls the water inside them. The intracellular water retention may help lead to better contractions and pumps. Because of the intracellular water retention, taking salt before your workout can help keep you hydrated throughout the day, so it may help you avoid muscle cramps.
If you are wanting to test out taking salt as your pre-workout, you should start with a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of quality Himalayan Salt with your pre-workout meal (take two to three hours before training). After assessing your tolerance, add an extra pinch of salt in your water to drink while you are training.
What are the benefits of using salt as a pre-workout?
- Helps Muscles Contract Better: Using salt as a pre-workout can help your feel your reps more as you will squeeze and contract harder.
- Improves Hydration: Consuming salt replaces what is lost through sweat; it will help keep your bodily fluids balanced and help you absorb water better.
- Maintains Fluid Balance: Since salt is an electrolyte, when we sweat, we lose electrolytes during a working. Taking salt before your workout will help maintain a healthy levels.
- Improves Strength: Salt will help you retain water better, and a lot of strength and power intracellular water retention.
- Enhances Pumps: Salt helps you contract muscles and helps fill your muscles with more water which means you will see better pumps while training.
- Improved Workout Performance: Taking salt before your workout will help increase your energy levels and boost your overall performance during your workout.
- Increase Blood Flow: Taking salt before working out can help to increase cardiovascular blood flow by pulling water inside.
Overall, salt will help increase blood volume which will help improve your overall cardiovascular system, being more hydrated which will help improve your stamina, improved muscle function, and better recovery from training.