Vanilla Protein Ice Cream
High Protein Ice Cream
If you are craving a frozen dessert, but want it to be a little bit healthier, check out this three ingredient workout protein ice cream recipe! This recipe just needs three simple ingredients, a blender, and space in your freezer! It is a vegan friendly, can be paleo friendly, dairy free ice cream recipe!
This is the kind of ice cream you can eat before a workout, after a workout, or eat in between meals. This is a guilt-free recipe that you can eat large portions of. It can be eaten in anyway you want with anything on top!
How To Make Protein Ice Cream:
- Full Fat Coconut Milk: This ingredient will give the ice cream that creamy and smooth texture instead of an icy texture. The higher fat content will help the ice cream be scoopable as well. The coconut milk should be from a can and must be chilled before using.
- Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder: This is what makes the ice cream healthier!
- Granulated Sweetener Of Choice OR Dates: You can either dates or a granulated sweetener of choice to add sweetness. To keep this protein ice cream sugar free, use the latter.
- Vanilla Extract: This is optional, but this enhances the vanilla flavor. Don't use if you are making another flavor.
- Place a loaf pan in the freezer for at least an hour before you plan on making the ice cream.
- To start, you will need to add your chilled coconut milk in the blender and blend for a minute or two. You want the texture to be silky and smooth.
- Add your protein powder and sweetener (or dates) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to the loaf pan and place in the freezer. For the first hour, stir the ice cream every 20 minutes, for a total of three times. Then allow the ice cream to freeze properly.
- Remove the protein ice cream from the freezer 10-15 minutes to thaw slightly. Scoop out into bowls and enjoy!
Storing & Re-Freezing Tips:
- To Store: Protein ice cream should always be stored in the freezer, in a freezer friendly container or in the loaf pan, covered completely. The ice cream can be frozen for at least five days.
- To Re-Freeze: Re-freezing the ice cream is not recommended, as it will build up ice particles. If you've refrozen it and it is no longer creamy, allow it to soften and re-blend in the blender.