Life Extension Enhanced Zinc Lozenges 30 Lozenges
Life Extension Enhanced Zinc Lozenges provides a special ionic formula that helps maintain your body’s natural defense system during the cold season as well as any time throughout the year. Zinc acetate, the main ingredient, is the preferred compound of zinc that provides enhanced seasonal immune support. Also, no other ingredients are included so that the delivery of the immune supportive and positively charged ions can kick in faster.
- Naturally flavored peppermint lozenge
- Enhanced seasonal immune support
- What is zinc? Zinc is a naturally occurring mineral and is important for growth and for the development and health of body tissues.
- Is there anything I should avoid while taking zinc? You should avoid taking this product with foods that are high in calcium or phosphorus. It can make it more difficult for your body to absorb the zinc acetate. Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, dried beans or peas, lentils, nuts, peanut butter, beer, soda, and hot cocoa are all types of foods that are high in calcium or phosphorus. Zinc acetate can make certain antibiotics less effective, so always make sure with your doctor if you can take zinc acetate with other medications.
Completely dissolve in mouth one (1) lozenge every 2 wakeful hours, not to exceed 8 lozenges per day, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Do not use for more than 3 consecutive days. Do not chew or swallow lozenge. May cause nausea if taken on empty stomach.
Serving size: 1 vegetarian lozenge
Servings per container: 30
- Calories: 20
- Total carbohydrate: 5 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Zinc (as zinc acetate): 18.75 mg
Dextrose, peppermint flavor, stearic acid, vegetable stearate, silica
WARNINGS & SIDE EFFECTS
Supplemental zinc can inhibit the absorption and availability of copper. If more than 50 mg of supplemental zinc is taken daily on a chronic basis, 2 mg of supplemental copper should also be taken to prevent copper deficiency. Chronic ingestion of more than 100 mg of zinc daily may be immunosuppressive for some aspects of T-cell and NK cell function. Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. Less serious side effects may include nausea or upset stomach.